KAIST has led the movement to invigorate the venture culture in order to successfully solve the national problem regarding job creation and cultivation of a growth engine, and plan to conduct the following duties
- Create an entrepreneurial culture based on science and technology
- Construct a growth ecosystem supporting all phases of the start-ups growth: Found-Grow-Collect (M&A etc.)-Retry
- Discover globally-sustainable startups with immense potential and strengthen sustainability
Furthermore, the Startup KAIST-to-Global will take charge of developing and making university-industry collaboration connection domestically and internationally, and within Daedeok Innopolis.
- Create a space to freely develop ideas from students of various majors and create a channel for continuous communication via angels, VC’s, and etc., allowing for the commercialization of revolutionary ideas
- Reconstruct the entire 3rd floor of the Education Support Building (W8) for start-up activities (construction to be finished in March of 2013)
- Make the dream of creating a start-up available to all constituents of KAIST
- Strengthen relation between existing courses and programs (Department of Technology Management, FDC, URP, Idea Factory, E5, and etc.) for the invigoration of education in entrepreneurial spirit-entrepreneurship-technology transfer
- Certificate of Secondary Education for Failure-Comeback
Actual Entrepreneurship Support Program
- Offering mentoring services through connections with VCs, angels, upperclassmen entrepreneurs, and professors that create and operate a business.
- Provide one-stop service for student startup companies so that it may develop into a global startup
- Support through connections with funding and incubation services through professional accelerators
- Operate programs such a entrepreneurship lecture, talk concert, H/R Marketplace and etc.
Design – Prototype Production
- In connection with Idea Factory, offer services that take you all the way to the production of prototypes
- Expand and connect with external support programs through mentors and professional coordinators.
- One-stop support for venture capital, marketing, design, intellectual property rights, legislation, tax/accounting, and other topics related to entrepreneurship